- FEMA Preparedness Information
- Emergency Preparedness Guides - KnowWhat2Do
- National Weather Service
- Red Cross
- Federal Alliance for Safe Homes
- Ready or Not? Texas Prepares
- Ready Kids website from FEMA
- How to dispose of old medicine
Regional Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management is staffed by an Emergency Management Operations Coordinator through a Regional Interlocal Cooperation Agreement. The Coordinator coordinates and manages an emergency preparedness program and regional disaster resource assistance plan for the cities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Lancaster and Duncanville.
To increase the cities' capabilities to respond to threatening hazards while implementing necessary steps to prevent or reduce the impact of a disaster upon the community.
Download the DeSoto Emergency Preparedness Brochure
Severe Thunderstorms And High Winds