DeSoto Red Alert
DeSoto Red Alert is the Mass Notification System that the City of DeSoto uses to send emergency and non-emergency alerts to residents and businesses. Residents have the power to choose exactly the type of notifications and how they receive them.
Choose to receive alerts via a text message, phone call, and/or email. Choose to receive alerts about specific bad weather conditions expected in the area direct from the National Weather Service, city emergencies such as water boil notices, police department emergencies such as major accidents with lane closures or missing persons, and non-emergency city updates about events or public meetings. Registering in this system allows you to stay as informed as possible. This is especially essential in emergency situations.
Code Red System: Residents or business who signed up for the City’s previous Code Red emergency notification system have been added to this Everbridge system. Their alert subscriptions for Tornado Warnings, Severe Thunderstorm Warning, and Flash Flood Warnings have been added to the system and they will continue to receive those alerts from the National Weather Service. If you would like to add additional alert subscriptions for weather or from the City, you can register for a new Everbridge account. The system will only send you each alert once per identified contact type. If you would like your information removed from the system, email RegionalEM@duncanville.com
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ALERTS
- This system will only be used for emergency purposes unless you subscribe to any non-emergency alerts.
- All your information will remain completely private and will only be used to notify you of critical situations.
- Types of Alert Types:
- Weather Alerts from National Weather Service
- City Emergency Alerts. Alerts may include:
- Drinking water contamination
- Prolonged Utility outage
- Evacuation notice and routes
- Chemical spills or gas leaks
- Other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety
- Police Department Alerts. Alerts may include:
- Main thoroughfare street closures
- Missing persons
Registered via DeSoto Red Alert on Everbridge: Log in to your account to change the alerts you signed up for. If you no longer want to receive any alerts, log in and delete your account.
If you only registered previously via Code Red: Email RegionalEM@duncanville.com