Homeowners and Neighborhood Associations
The City of DeSoto is committed to providing quality customer service and neighborhood programs that:
- meet the needs of our small communities through effective 360-degree communication.
- promote community involvement.
- strengthen the relationships between neighborhoods and City staff
Check out our involvement opportunities:
- Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Mayor’s 360 Quarterly Meeting
- Adopt-A-Street Program
- Recycling Events
- Annual HOA Involvement Workshop
- Neighborhood Grant Program
- Eyes and Ears Program
- DeSoto Civic Academy
- House Number Program
HOA Guidelines for meeting space at the civic center
Did you know that you can use space at the DeSoto Civic Center to host your HOA or Neighborhood meetings?
- Only DeSoto HOAs are allowed to request meeting space in the Civic Center.
- To request an HOA meeting room:
- Homeowner’s Association president or designated liaison must be listed on the HOA Listing Directory to request a meeting
- If you want to register your Homeowners' or Neighborhood Association to be eligible for rentals, you must first contact Becky Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (972)230-9643 for approval.
- HOA meeting requests may then be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Meeting requests must be done by the president (or his/her designee) listed on the HOA Listing Directory.
- DeSoto HOAs are allowed one rental per quarter in either the Pecan Rooms or Bluebonnet Rooms based on facility availability.
- HOA rentals are scheduled to occur only Monday – Thursday from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm
- If an HOA meeting is canceled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972.230.9653.
- Community Associations Institute
- Neighborhoods USA
- Neighborhood Link
- Neighborhood News Web
- National Civic League
- The Citizen's Handbook
EXISTING NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATIONS
The City of DeSoto hosts web pages for all homeowners or neighborhood associations that are interested in providing information free of charge. This is a great way to communicate to residents about upcoming meetings, events, as well as current contact information.
Please contact the City Manager's Office at (972) 230-9643 or email email@example.com for assistance.