Recreation Center Rules
Recreation Center Rules and Policies
- A valid membership pass is required to use the recreation center facilities. Participants must scan their pass at the Control Center to gain entry into the gym, track, racquetball courts and/or fitness room. All guests must pay for a day pass to access these facilities. Using another participant’s pass to gain access is prohibited.
- Youth under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Youth may not enter the center until 3 p.m. when schools are in session.
- All clothing attire must be worn appropriately. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Non-marking athletic shoes are allowed. Shorts and pants must not be sagging.
- Food, gum or drinks are not allowed in the gym, track, racquetball courts and fitness room.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking and tobacco products are not allowed in the recreation center.
- No running or horseplay in the hallways.
- Profanity or vulgar language is not allowed.
- No pets allowed.
- Boom boxes or large radios are not allowed. Personal radios with headphones are acceptable.
- No dunking. Do not grab the rims or nets.
- Half court play is allowed. No full court play.
- Organized practices are not allowed.
- Participants 16 years and older with a fitness pass are allowed in the fitness room.
- Water in closable bottle may be brought in the fitness room.
- All weights must be returned to the racks when finished being used. Do not take weights out of fitness room. Do not drop weights on the floor.
- Wipe off the equipment with a towel after each use.
- Do not open the door for anyone trying to get into the fitness room.
Jogging/Walking Track (12 laps = 1 mile)
- Participants 15 years and older are allowed on the track. The track is located on the second floor, above the basketball gyms.
- All users must travel in the same direction as indicated. The inside lane is for walking; the outside lane is used for jogging and passing.
- Walking or jogging side by side with another person is not allowed.
- Standing on the track is not allowed.
- Do not place objects on the ledge.
- Participants 16 years and older are allowed on the racquetball courts. Participants under the age of 16 must have adult supervision.
- Racquetball, handball and wallyball are permitted on the courts.
- Racquetball courts must be reserved at the Control Center. Participants must have a recreation/fitness pass to reserve a court.
- Each participant must pay the designated court fees. Guests must pay for a day pass, in addition to the court fees.
- Eye protection is required at all times.
- Wooden rackets are not allowed. Racquet guards are required.
- Staff reserves the right to eject any person for violation of the recreation center rules and policies.
- Violations can also result in your membership being suspended or terminated.
- Fees and policies are subject to change.