Develop an incentive program for apartment and mobile home complex ownerships that promotes safe practices and good management of thier facilities.
1. Create a complete list of apartment complexes with management contacts | Police | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q1
2. Create a recognition program for apartment and mobile park complexes to identify high-scoring facilities based on safe and good management practices | Police | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
3. Create a checklist of safety and health priorities and conduct inspections at each complex | Police | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
5. Conduct a Town Hall Meeting for community education | Police | Start FY 2022 Q3 | Complete FY 2022 Q3
6. Submit a final report on program progress to the City Council and post results on the City’s website | Police | Start FY 2022 Q4 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
2nd Quarter Update April 2022
In Q2, the City developed a score sheet for apartment properties that includes criteria for safety/security, health, code enforcement, and community communication. Staff shared the draft version of these criteria at a meeting conducted for interested apartment management groups, with only two apartments in DeSoto attending.
1st Quarter Update January 2022
In Q1, City staff developed a complete and updated list of all apartment properties in DeSoto along with current contact information.