Develop an incentive program for apartment and mobile home complex ownerships that promotes safe practices and good management of thier facilities.
1. Create a complete list of apartment complexes with management contacts | Police | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q1
2. Create a recognition program for apartment and mobile park complexes to identify high-scoring facilities based on safe and good management practices | Police | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
3. Create a checklist of safety and health priorities and conduct inspections at each complex | Police | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
5. Conduct a Town Hall Meeting for community education | Police | Start FY 2022 Q3 | Complete FY 2022 Q3
6. Submit a final report on program progress to the City Council and post results on the City’s website | Police | Start FY 2022 Q4 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
4th Quarter Update September 2022
In Q4, the City finalized the Apartment Incentive Program following the review with the City Council. The City engaged the services of a third-party inspection firm and worked to develop the necessary inspection tools and protocols for the identified properties. The inspection vendor has completed 10 inspections with reports and has 12 inspections pending final reports. The City anticipates that a final update on the full implementation and rollout of this program will be presented to the City Council in Q1 of FY 2023.
3rd Quarter Update July 2022
In Q3, staff created a complete list of apartment complexes with management contacts and held a meeting with facility managers on July 16 discussing the incentive program. In this meeting, the facility managers present spoke in favor of the program. The Police Department also held a discussion with the City Council in July on the program and is incorporating received feedback into the final plan. A Town Hall meeting will be scheduled in Q4 to educate the community on the final program.