CDBG - Down Payment Assistance Program
Down Payment Assistance Program
The DeSoto Down Payment Assistance Program (DPAP) provides down payment and closing cost assistance to low-income, first-time homebuyers. The purpose of the program is to increase homeownership opportunities for current residents living in DeSoto. Downpayment and closing cost assistance are provided in the form of a forgivable loan of up to $10,000. The amount of assistance will be dependent on sales price and loan amount from the lender.
DeSoto's Down Payment Assistance Program is made available using funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). The program is managed by the City Manager's Office. DeSoto residents interested in being future homeowners, please read the program guidelines and check the eligibility requirements below before applying. For additional questions, please call (972) 230-7355 or email email@example.com.
- Must currently live in the City of DeSoto
- First time home buyer or not owned a home in the last three years
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Citizen National or proof of legal residency
- Must complete eight hours of Homebuyer Education training through a HUD-approved agency
- Must have submitted an offer on, or signed the Sales Contract on a potential property in DeSoto
- Annual gross income must be at or below the 80% income limits established by HUD for Dallas County
HOMEBUYER EDUCATION TRAINING
The City of DeSoto requires that applicants complete an 8-Hour HUD-approved homebuyer class and one-hour counseling session. Certificates for completion of these requirements must be provided with the completed application. The City of Desoto currently has an agreement with Business & Community Lenders of Texas (BCL) to offer online training and courses for a discounted rate. For more information, please see the BCL Brochure below.
- DPAP Brochure
- DPAP Guidelines
- DPAP Application and Checklist
- BCL Course Curriculum
- Lender Information Guide
- Down Payment Assistance Webinar Presentation - April 7, 2021
DPAP APPLICATION PROCESS