CDBG - Transportation Assistance Program
As part of the 2023 - 2024 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Action Plan programs, the City of DeSoto, Texas will fund a Transportation Voucher Assistance Program. The program is designed to provide monthly subsidy fare cards to qualified applicants to pay for transportation with local taxi companies. The program will pay up to $80 monthly for participants' transportation to essential services such as travel to doctor's offices, pharmacy, grocery stores, hospital. Travel must originate or terminate in the City of DeSoto and is limited to locations within the City of DeSoto and Dallas County or Northern Ellis county.
Participation is limited to low- to moderate income (LMI) individuals, elderly persons 62 years and older, and persons with disabilities. Eligible participation is income restricted to HUD Guidelines for Low-Moderate Income Persons. Separate applications must be submitted for each participant even if they reside in the same home. Applicant must submit documentation of their residency in the City of DeSoto and must meet all program guidelines and submit all documentation listed in this application packet.
The program provides the following for applicants who meet HUD eligibility:
- Taxi cab transportation for essential services including doctor appointments, trips to the grocery store or pharmacy, etc.
- Eligible participants will be given a card voucher providing UP TO $80 per month for transportation in the Dallas and Ellis County area.
Those wishing to participate are encouraged to email Transportation@desototexas.gov or call 972.230.7350 for more information. That number receives voicemails only. Please leave a message and your call will be returned within 24 hours.
THIS PROGRAM IS NOw ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023-2024 PROGRAM YEAR!
Application deadline is September 29, 2023
Items you will need to submit with application:
- Copies of driver's license for all household members 18 yrs old and over
- Copies of SSN Cards for all household members 18 yrs old and over
- Copy of most current electric/water bill with name and address of household member
- Last 2 months of income payment (see application for details)
- Other items detailed in the application may be required