Community Development Block Grant
The following are parameters for the CDBG Program:
• Grant funding may provide for ADA accessibility in a City facility
• Funds may eliminate a community-threatening condition, which occurred in the past 12 months, and for which funding is not otherwise available
• Grant funding may be used for infrastructure enhancements (street repairs, alley replacements, water line replacements, etc.)
• CDBG funds must primarily benefit areas of the City with concentrations of at least 51% low- to moderate-income households (residential areas)
• These funds can be used for some public services (for low- to moderate-income residents only)
• These funds cannot be used for routine maintenance or operations of any City facility
Fiscal year 2008-2009 was the first year City of DeSoto began participating in the CDBG Program. At that time, funds were distributed by Dallas County and were utilized for infrastructure and Code Enforcement projects within low- to moderate-income neighborhoods, as determined by the U. S. Census.
2018 Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPERS)
April 8, 2019 Town Hall PowerPoint Presentation
Public Notice of 7-Day Comment Period for Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds for Tiered Projects and Programs
On or after April 15, 2021, the City of DeSoto will submit a request to the HUD Office of the Environment and Energy, Fort Worth Regional Office for the release of Community Development Block Grant funds under Title 1 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, Public Law 93-383, as amended; 42 U.S.C.-530.1 et seq. to undertake the following project:
The seven-day comment period on the proposed Request for Release of Funds for Tiered Projects and Programs will occur April 7, 2021 through April 14, 2021. The public is invited to submit comments in writing to “Attention: CDBG Administrator, 211 East Pleasant Run Rd., Suite A, DeSoto, TX 75115-3939 or drop comments off at the DeSoto Town Center at 1616 211 East Pleasant Run Rd., Suite A, DeSoto, TX 75115-3939. All written comments must but received by the close of business (5:00 p.m.) on April 14, 2021 to be considered prior to the submission to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
For further information, please contact the Community Development Block Grant Administrator at 972-230-9690. To view the Environmental Review Record please visit: https://www.onecpd.info/environmental-review/environmental-review-records