Youth Basketball League 2023
This is a local recreational basketball league for ages 4 through 14. Our goal is to teach basketball fundamentals, rules, and skills. We emphasize sportsmanship, team play, and clean/fair competition. Age is determined on September 1 of the current school year.
Click here to register.
Early Registration: October 1 - October 31 ($20 discount)
Regular Registration: November 1 - December 18
|Registration Fees||DeSoto/Glenn Heights|
|Non - Residents|
|Ages 4 - 14||$95||$115|
|Team Registration Fee||$850||$1,100|
Uniforms are not included in the registration fees.
Click here to view the Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Two Proofs of Residency
$5 Sports ID
Proof of Residency Requirements
- Two proofs of the following will be required for DeSoto residents:
- A valid driver’s license or identification card issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety showing the DeSoto address of that person.
- A current utility (gas, electric, water) showing the DeSoto address of that person.
- A current lease or mortgage showing the DeSoto address of that person.
- A current voter’s registration card showing the DeSoto address of that person.
- A current auto insurance card showing the DeSoto address of that person
- A current report card
What Do Registration Fees Cover?
- Game officials/score and time keepers
- League Insurance
- Championship awards
- Participant Sport ID Card—required for all league approved games, preseason and post season tournaments
- Facility monitors
- Energy Management Fee of $10
- Non-Residential Fee of $20
Schedules & Information
- When will I be contacted regarding my child's practice?
Your child will be assigned to a team and contacted by a coach once the practice time and day have been selected.
- How do I know when is my first practice? Are practices scheduled by the League?
All practice locations and times are scheduled by the League. Your coach will make you aware of your first practice when he/she contacts you to introduce themselves. After that, he/she will provide you with a practice schedule.
- What if I have registered and a coach has not contacted me?
If you have not heard from your coach please contact Steve Moore at 972-230-4288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What days are practices held on?
Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday.
- What times are practices held?
6:15pm - 7:15pm or 7:15pm - 8:15pm or 8:15pm - 9:15pm
- How often do we practice? How long is practice?
Teams generally practice two nights per week for one hour each practice.
- Where are practices held?
DeSoto Recreation Center, Cockrell Hill Elementary, Moates Elementary, Ruby Young Elementary, the Meadows, and Woodridge.
- How long is the season?
Teams start practicing in late November. Games start the first or second Saturday in January and end the last Saturday in February concluding with a single elimination tournament. There will be no practices or games over the holiday break.
- When is the first game?
Saturday, January 13, 2024.
- What days and times are the games?
All games are played on Saturdays with the exception of the end-of-season tournament. Some games may be played on a weeknight. Saturday game time may vary from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Where will games be played?
Games will be played at DeSoto Recreation Center, McCowan Middle School, DeSoto West Middle School, and DeSoto East Middle School. However, some games may be played in Waxahachie, Cedar Hill or Duncanville if the league decides to interlock in order to have enough teams in a division.
- If I have more questions, who do I contact?
Please contact the Manager of Athletics and Aquatics at 972-230-4288, or via email email@example.com.