Food Establishment Requirements
Food Service and Retail Food Inspection
Food Handler Classes
General Health Issues
Household Hazardous Waste
Jimmy Stephens, R.S., M.S.
211 E. Pleasant Run Rd.
DeSoto, TX 75115
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The departmental mission is to provide outstanding services in environmental health and in order to promote wellness and prevent disease in our community. This will be accomplished through the intellectual use of human resources, technology, education and common sense.
The City of DeSoto Health Department only offers environmental health-related services. For medical and immunization services, contact your family physician or the Dallas County Health Department.
Below are helpful phone numbers and websites:
Dallas County Health Department Services, Region 2/3
Texas Department of State Health
Tip of the Month
Flu Season Here Early
Flu season is on the climb as numbers from the Dallas County Health and Human Services indicate. It’s not too late to get a flu shot since February is considered the peak month for flu cases, but sources for the vaccine are running low. Contact DCHHS at 214.819.2000 if you have questions or would like to check the availability of vaccine.
• Influenza activity continued to increase during week 52 in Dallas County, with 33.5% influenza tests returning positive.
• 85 influenza-associated hospitalizations were reported for week 52, with a total of 253 hospitalizations reported to date for this season.
• The predominant circulating strain in the area currently is influenza A (H3N2), compromising about 59% of virus tested locally last week. About 39% of circulating strains were influenza B.
• 31% of influenza B viruses tested nationally have not matched the influenza B component in the 2012-2013 influenza vaccine.
• All influenza isolates tested by CDC this season have been susceptible to oseltamivir and zanamivir.
• Total school absenteeism was approximately 5.5% in Dallas County during the week ending December 19, 2012, with 3,443 students reported absent due to ILI.
Keep your child safe with these seven easy tips!
Notice: Municipal Energy Usage for Calendar Year 2011
The City of DeSoto purchases natural gas from Atmos Energy. In Calendar Year 2011, the City purchased a total of 5646.31 thousand cubic feet (MCF) of natural gas.
The City purchases electricity from Direct Energy. In calendar year 2011, the City purchased a total of 10,385,662 kilowatt hours.
The City purchases water from the City of Dallas. In calendar year 2011, the City purchased a total of 50,298,000 gallons of water.
The total cost of natural gas, electricity and water purchased by the City in the calendar year 2011 is $1,801,658.
The City of DeSoto, Texas
211 East Pleasant Run Road
DeSoto, TX 75115
Ph: 972.274.CITY (2489)
News & Events
Powered by CivicPlus