About Swim Lessons
- Swim lessons are held at Moseley Pool.
- Click here to register online or visit or staff at the DeSoto Recreation Center to register.
- Students must complete the requirements of a particular swim level before progressing to the next level.
- The instructor can change the swim level lesson based on the student’s swimming abilities on the first day of class.
- All sessions are $50 per person.
Parent & Tot Swim
This swim class is geared for children ages 18 months to 3 years. Parents are required to participate in this course and will be entering the water with their child.
Level 1 – Introduction to Water Skills
This level helps students feel comfortable in the water and enjoy the water safely. Students will learn elementary aquatic skills, which will help them progress through the six Learn To Swim levels.
Level 2 – Fundamental Aquatic Skills
This level gives students success with fundamental skills. Students will learn to float without support and to recover to a vertical position. They will also learn simultaneous and alternating arm and leg actions on the front and back. Must have completed requirements from Level 1.
Level 3 – Stroke Development
Students will be taught to coordinate the front crawl and back crawl. Elements of the butterfly and the fundamentals of treading water will be introduced. Students will also learn rules for head-first entries from the side of the pool. Must have completed requirements from Level 2.
Level 4 – Stroke Improvement
Students will improve their skills and increase their endurance by swimming familiar strokes for greater distances. They will continue to build on the butterfly and be introduced to the elementary backstroke, breaststroke and elements of the sidestroke. Students will also learn the basics of turning at the wall. Must have completed requirements from Level 3.