Create a City identity and marketing and communications strategy to improve marketing and public RELATIONS EFFORTS
City Work Plan
1. Hire a branding and marketing firm to create a consistent brand and marketing identity for DeSoto | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2021 Q2 | Complete FY 2021 Q4
2. Hire a marketing manager position in the City Manager’s Office | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2021 Q1 | Complete FY 2021 Q1
3. Obtain City Council approval of a new City-wide brand identity, marketing campaign, and logo update | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2021 Q4 | Complete FY 2021 Q4
4. Overhaul the City’s website to a more modern and easy-to-use platform consistent with the City’s new brand identity | IT Department | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q3
5. Ensure City-produced materials are consistent with the City’s new brand identity | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2023 Q3
6. Organize a steering committee of staff and elected officials to review logo options and to make recommendation to the City Council | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2021 Q2 | Complete FY 2021 Q4
4th Quarter Update
A Branding Steering Committee has been established and a number of stakeholder groups have been identified and contacted. Augustine completed significant research and has received important feedback from the community with more input needed prior to City Council review. The completion of this effort has been encumbered by the challenging logistics of communication during a pandemic. The goal remains to present findings and recommendations to the Steering Committee and City Council during Q1 of FY 2022. This item will continue into the FY 2022 Business Plan and can continue to be tracked in that report.
3rd Quarter Update
The City has contracted with Augustine Agency, a marketing firm with an office in Irving Texas, to lead the City's rebranding process. They will be working with Council and staff to establish a community steering committee and otherwise begin the research process that will be the foundation for future branding recommendations.