- The purpose of this policy is to establish criteria related to the use of study rooms at the DeSoto Public Library.
- Following is the policy for making study room reservations:
- Study rooms can be reserved for 2 hour sessions. If there is no further demand for use of the room then customer can continue to use the room until a walk up request or reservation arrives.
- Customers will use a valid DeSoto Library card (adult or juvenile) to make a reservation.
- Customers will make reservations via the telephone or in person at the Information Desk. The reservation will need to include customer name, phone, and library card number.
- Teen Study room will not be available for reservations.
- Study Rooms will remain locked. Customers upon check in will have Reference or other staff unlock the door and place them in the study room.
- Requests for recurring daily reservations or reservations for extended use (duration of more than 2 hours) must be approved by the Library Director.
- Following are study room use policies:
- A maximum of three (3) customers per room is allowed.
- Study rooms will remain locked if not being used.
- Disruptive behavior will lead to a loss of access to the study room(s).
- Customer will be advised that the study room in Teen area may have ambient noise from the teen room depending on the time of day.
- White Board markers will be available for use at the checkout desk.