Community Development Block Grant
The following are parameters for the CDBG Program:
• Grant funding may provide for ADA accessibility in a City facility
• Funds may eliminate a community-threatening condition, which occurred in the past 12 months, and for which funding is not otherwise available
• Grant funding may be used for infrastructure enhancements (street repairs, alley replacements, water line replacements, etc.)
• CDBG funds must primarily benefit areas of the City with concentrations of at least 51% low- to moderate-income households (residential areas)
• These funds can be used for some public services (for low- to moderate-income residents only)
• These funds cannot be used for routine maintenance or operations of any City facility
Fiscal year 2008-2009 was the first year City of DeSoto began participating in the CDBG Program. At that time, funds were distributed by Dallas County and were utilized for infrastructure and Code Enforcement projects within low- to moderate-income neighborhoods, as determined by the U. S. Census.
In fiscal year 2015-2016, the City of DeSoto began operating as an Entitlement City, which changed the process for applying for and administering CDBG grant funding.
15-Day Commentary Period for the 2016-2017 CAPER
The City of DeSoto is hosting a 15-day citizen commentary period for the draft 2016-2017 Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER). Citizens may access the CAPER electronically via the City website or in person by visiting City Hall, located at 211 East Pleasant Run Road, DeSoto, Texas, Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. The citizen commentary period will span January 4-19, 2018. Citizen comments can be submitted on the Citizen Comment Form (…link…), which may be returned by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (972-230-5793), or in person (City Hall address). Citizen comments will be used to develop the final CAPER, which will be submitted to the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
CDBG Projects by Year
- City of DeSoto 2017-2018 Annual Action Plan (Approved by City Council on 08-15-17)
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Citizen Participation Plan
- Consolidated Plan (Final)
- 2015-2016 CDBG Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) - Approved by City Council
- 2016-2017 Annual Action Plan (Approved by Council 08-16-16)