The role of Public Purchasing in city government is to assure the purchase of goods and services for the best value. Sound purchasing guidelines contribute greatly to the economical and effective operation of the city and provide public confidence and trust in government.
The mission of the City of DeSoto's Purchasing Division is to procure quality goods and services necessary to provide the citizens with the services they expect at the best possible price within the guidelines of all applicable Federal, State, and Municipal purchasing laws.
The goals of the City's Purchasing Division include the following:
- purchasing quality goods and services;
- obtain the best possible price for goods and services;
- encourage and promote interlocal cooperation among area agencies;
- accept delivery of goods and services when and where needed;
- assure a continuing supply of needed goods and services;
- guard against misappropriation of any assets procured;
- responsible bidders are given a fair opportunity to compete for city business;
- public funds are safeguarded. Although the purchasing division does not usually designate the types of purchases to be made, it should see that the best value is received of the public dollar.
||Contact Purchasing Agent
In order to be added to the Vendors list, go to https://www.publicpurchase.com/gems/register/vendor/register to register under City of Desoto and select NIGP codes relevant to your business. You will be automatically added to our vendors’ list and you will be notified when a request is issued for your selected services/goods.
Bid Opportunities and Tabulation
The City of DeSoto, Tx Purchasing Division is proud to announce our partnership with Public Purchase, a web based e-Procurement service. In order to begin, or continue to, receive bid notifications as a current vendor you must register with this new system. This process will only take a few minutes. The two-step registration process/instructions, please click here for the ELECTRONIC BIDDING SYSTEM.
Visit the following websites for Cooperative Purchasing information: